About the site and the reasons it was written
A lot of updates 8th August 2011
- The site was originally written and published way back
in August 2004, to publish my Family History.
- The site was completly rewritten in Setember 2009. The
latest techniques were used and substantial updates to my
family genealogy undertaken.
- There has been some major updates to F/H content
relating to Databases on 8th August 2011 and more to come,
- Within my ability I have made use of XHTML, CSS,
interest. I preferred to write in HTML/CSS
coding, rather than rely on Web Publishing programs.
Randall Family History - Developments
- Major updates are now in place as at 8th August, and
anyone who in the past has used my information to import
into their tree, should check for changes, mainly in
the "The Family Databases Page".
- The original reason was to trace my paternal
G.G.Grandfather Thomas Rand(e)all's birth and parish.
Born probably in Dorset in 1806, we have been
unable to trace, but one possible is shown in the Database
- He married a Ann Cutler Payne (b. 27/7/1806 at
Athelhampton, Dorset) at Nether Cerne on the 3rd of
September 1827 and had a Mary Ann Randall b.Jan 1828 died
later in Bathwick on 6th OCt 1833.
- A Mary Randall married in the same church some months
earlier.I have not been able to identify a connection.
Other reasons for building my Website
- I hope existing researchers may find my information
helpful and useful to them.
- You never know, there may be someone out there, sitting
on details of my G.G.Grandfather Thomas Randall's birth.
- Having added dozens of Randall Family names taken from
the 1911 Census, mainly in London area, I am hoping that
one of them may have been lucky and have had their family
papers passed down to them.
- I hope that new visitors to Genealogy may find my site
useful for pursuing their own family trees.
- Finally those that may have thought of developing their
own web sites, may find my attempts, hopefully confirmation
that most people can achieve a reasonable standard.
Good Luck and happy hunting. Please let me know if
there is a connection.
Date last updated 9th Sept 2011
The Randall Genealogy Research Community Powered